The Battle of Marathon
2011 Ancient Warfare Special Edition
Ancient Warfare Special 3: 'The Battle of Marathon' revolves around the climactic battle of the first Graeco-Persian War. 100 Pages of Ancient Warfare dedicated to a single theme, written by experts, illustrated with dozens of maps, photographs and original artwork. It contains the following chapters:
- Séan Hussmann, 'Introduction to the theme'
- Michael J. Taylor, 'Historical sources'
- Dan Powers, 'The Ionian Revolt'
- Fred Ray, 'The battle of Ephesus, 499 BC'
- Duncan B. Campbell, 'Meanwhile, in Sparta'
- Ron Ruiters, 'The Marathon Campaign'
- Peter Krentz, 'The battle of Marathon'
- Paul McDonnell-Staff, 'Greece and Persia from Marathon to Alexander'
- Owen Rees, 'Blinding Epizelus: Ancient PTSD?'
- Paul Bardunias, 'The Phalanx in Action'
- Nicholas Sekunda, 'Dressing the hoplite'
- Marek Wozniak, 'The Persian army'
- Nicholas Sekunda, 'Dressing the Persian army'
- Natascha Sojc, 'The Marathon Memorials of the 5th century BC'
- Jona Lendering, 'Commemorating Marathon: Then and Now'
- Stafanos Skarmintzos, 'Visiting Marathon'
Paperback: 98 pages
Publisher: Karwansaray Publishers; Special edition (December 19, 2011)